A good planning requires the involvement of the photographer before the day of shooting, he will be a force of proposal and will tell you the pitfalls to avoid. A good preparation saves a lot of time on the big day, avoids dead time and allows you to respect the budget allocated by your company.
- Set a goal and requirements: Determine the purpose of the shoot and set requirements and expectations. Determine the size and format of the photos and decide on the media on which they are to be displayed so that the photographer can ensure that the final image meets the needs of the company.
- Choose the right photographer: Once you know the requirements, look for photographers who specialize in the type of photo you need, make sure they are technically qualified or have the proper training (studio light management) to show their professionalism. Compare portfolios and prices and don’t hesitate to ask photographers about their experience and the techniques they use.
- Establish a shot plan: Plan in advance how you want the products to be presented, define a list of poses and angles per product and communicate it to the photographer. Also, allow for the amount of time you think it will take to complete the job.
- Prepare the products: Make sure the products are well prepared and ready to be photographed. Make sure they are clean, without visible defects and at the desired levels for the shot.
- Decide on the location: Choose a location for the photos that will not lead to political or financial problems. A neutral but interesting location is the best choice. If the budget allows, hire an interior designer, decorator or staging expert to achieve the desired result.
- Set a date and a time limit: Set a date with the photographer and determine the number of hours you need. This information must be clearly communicated, and if you are delayed, you must schedule an additional date and time for the photographer.
- Post-processing options: Ask the photographer if they can provide print-ready images or if they will post-process the images.
- View and select photos: After shooting, view the images and select the ones you want to use.
- Uploading and sharing images: Once you have selected the photos, arrange for uploading, sharing and a final version of the images.